3 New Product Press Release Examples to Get Your Launch Seen
Jump To: New Product Press Release Examples
The success of your new product press release getting published in the news can often decide on the success of your product/sales.
In this guide, I’ll show you how you can how to write a press release for a new product to grab the attention of journalists and media influencers and ultimately get your product seen by your target audience.
Towards the bottom, you’ll find a few useful new product launch press release examples that’ll get you inspired.
If you’re short on time, check out our new product announcement press release template. It includes everything you need to have the correct format. However, for the best results, I recommend reading this whole post.
Remember the basics of writing and pitching a press release
Writing and pitching product launch press release is no different from any other press release.
You still need the standard press release format.
You still need to be pitching to relevant journalists & bloggers interested in your topic/industry.
You still need to remember about trying to establish a human connection with whoever you’re writing to, and not mass mailing everybody.
Let’s go over these press release basics in regard to writing about a new product.
Product launch press release format
Include the following in your product press release:
- Headline – an attention-grabbing headline about your product. Make it count!
- Lead – a brief overview of the story, including answers to the questions: Who? What? When? Why? With what effect?
- Dateline – to confirm that you’re providing the most up-to-date information.
- Body – an explanation of the information provided earlier in the lead, starting from the most newsworthy info about your product and finishing with secondary details.
- Company info – a short paragraph about your company and its products to help journalists understand the nature of the business and make writing about it easier.
- Media contact information – the author or company’s/agency’s contact information.
Find journalists and media influencers interested in your specific product
A key factor in getting your press release picked up by the media is pitching to relevant journalists and bloggers—people that are interested in writing about your type of product.